Starter Packs

MSA Starter Packs are the first rung on the ladder towards an MSA Race, Rally or Kart Competition Licence.

The packs – Go Racing; Go Rallying; Go Karting – contain:

  • A Competition Licence application form (the cost of your first licence is included in the pack price)
  • A CD version of the MSA Yearbook
  • An instructional DVD
  • A booklet outlining the next steps to take in order to acquire your first Competition Licence.

As outlined in the starter pack booklet, once you have purchased a pack and watched the DVD you will need to book, take and pass a course/test with an accredited school:

Once you have passed this course/test and had your Competition Licence application form stamped by the ARDS, BARS or ARKS examiner, you will be able to apply to the MSA for your licence.


Everything you need to know is detailed in the starter pack booklet, but here are some key points and additional information:

  • If you are aged 18 and over and applying for a Race or Kart licence you need your GP to complete Section 4 of the Competition Licence application form
  • If you are under 18 years old and applying for a Kart Licence your parent or guardian must also apply for an Entrant PG Licence
  • Non-UK passport holders should note that the MSA is only able to issue Competition Licences to those residing in the UK and able to provide proof of address
  • If your Race, Rally or Kart Competition Licence lapses for a period of three years or more, you will need to retake your ARDS, BARS or ARKS test before applying for next licence.

To purchase an MSA Starter Pack, please call 01753 765000 or click here to visit the MSA Shop.

Purchase starter packs, publications, officials supplies, technical papers, clothing, gear and more...
Click Here to View Full Site
Registered Office as above, Registered Number 1344829. VAT Number 242304895